U. S. Army Warrant Officers Association
Annual Meeting Attendance
The USAWOA Annual Meeting and Funded TDY
USAWOA is identified by The Army as a "National Service-Related Organization." Fully funded TDY may be authorized for meeting attendance, when approved by the local command/approving authority.
* HQDA message and * AR 1-211 (1 Dec 83) are clear in spelling out the following criteria related to approval of funding:
(1) Information gained from attending the meeting will substantially benefit the approving authority's mission accomplishment;
(2) it should relate to the member's professional background or primary duty;
(3) represent a valuable training opportunity; and,
(4) improve the attendee's value to the Army.
Therefore, in your request for TDY to attend our AMM, you must give your commander something upon which he or she can "hang their hat." You must provide "ammunition" with which they can defend the decision to put TDY dollars toward your trip. You have to explain how attending the meeting and being exposed to what you will, will equip you with new knowledge or skills to meet the "numbers one thru four test" above.
Here are some suggestions.
(1) Commit to write a trip report, so that the command group may also learn of new programs and material.
(2) Offer to conduct one or more PD briefings to other warrant officers of the command, and if wished by the commander, junior officers of the organization.
Each year topics are selected that will be presented and addressed at the USAWOA annual meeting. Selected topics will be "worked" in Focus Groups by the members themselves, with advice and input available from subject matter experts.
Once the listing of Focus Group Topics are finalized, we will post them to the
Annual Meeting page on USAWOA Online.
Key Army and Warrant Officer Program subject matter experts are invited and participate as speakers and in the weeks events.
"Professional Development Day" normally consists of senior guest speakers responsible for Warrant Officer Policy making from the active Army, ARNG, and USAR, plus speakers on topics that are timely and
germane to WaRrant Officers and their families..
Additionally, Permissive TDY may be authorized at no expense to the government in lieu of funded TDY. See paragraphs 3b(4) and 4d of * AR 1-211.
Lastly, Ordinary Leave is still another possibility if approved by your command.
Questions concerning the topics to be covered during the AMM may be addressed to the USAWOA home office at 1-800-587-2962 or .
files throughout this site are a
PDF files. A
free reader is available for download.)
Home | Hot Topics |Site Map |